Keeping You Up-To-Date with Educational Resources
Access clinical practice and entry-level teaching guidelines as well as opportunities for peer collaboration.
Whether you’re seeking opportunities for mentorship, to review the latest in research, or share your experience for the benefit of others, we have a growing resource list of educational material. Don’t see something listed below but you think it should be? We want to hear from you! We’re seeking more information to grow and support practitioners. Use the contact form to share your thoughts on additional educational resources.
Learn more about the areas of physical therapy practiced by members of this Academy, or share your knowledge and experience with others.
Supports evidence-based physical therapist practice by providing knowledge translation, patient care tools, and access to synthesized literature and original research in a responsive website. PTNow is an APTA Member benefit and requires member login. The Academy is proud to have a liaison working directly with PTNow.
If you have a topic that you’d like to present as a webinar on behalf of the Academy, we want to hear from you! Here’s what you need to know:
- Presentation length must be 60 minutes or less. Allow for 15 minutes for Q&A afterwards
- The Academy offers a $100/hour honorarium for webinars
- Submit your proposal for a webinar using the Webinar Proposal Form for consideration. Upon acceptance, a separate agreement will be sent to the lead presenter. Upon execution of the agreement, the Executive Director will work with the presenter and Education Committee member to set-up the webinar on a mutually convenient date, promote, and register participants
- If you agree to recording of the webinar, it will be made available beyond the date of the live recording, which may include offering it on APTA’s Learning Center.
Listen to previously recorded webinars here:
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel Updates, Staging, and Literature Review (Sept 29, 2016)
- Electrodiagnostic Evaluation of Heal Pain (June 23, 2016)
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel Updates (April 22, 2015)
- The Integument: Current Concepts in Care at End of Life (August 8, 2013)
- Preparing the Wounded Foot for Ambulation (May 3, 2012)
- The Normative Model of Physical Therapist Professional Education
- APTA Learning Center resources on clinical electrophysiology and wound management
- Our pre-cons at CSM 2017:
- Educational Sessions at CSM 2017
- APTA Resources for Educators
Extensive platform and poster presentations at CSM combining the latest in evidence-based research.